Saturday 23 July 2011

Meatball mad

I'm going meatball mad. Today they're made with minced lamb, with a bit of wholegrain mustard for interest. Monday, my next cook day - the Fox always cooks on Sunday - it's to be curried meatballs using minced beef. You can tell I'm back to working down the freezer a bit.

It never ceases to amaze me how I seem to get into certain food grooves. Suddenly all my thoughts seem to go in the same direction. We've just been through a fish phase. In the last week we've had prawns, mackerel, haddock & salmon, all different meals. Now I'm moving into meatball mode.

To be fair I decided on the ones for today as the only recipe I can think of offhand using the quantity of minced lamb I have in hand. I would have thought further about the minced beef, but curried meatballs is my standby for whenever we have 8oz of minced beef to use up. It's an old favourite recipe, a guaranteed delight. I mentioned I was half-thinking about making the curry. The Fox's face lit up in anticipation. Now to do anything else on Monday would be a cause of great disappointment. I just hope I can get it done before Angie, the cleaner, arrives. If necessary, she will just have to wipe over the hob with the curry still plopping.

No comments: