Sunday 24 July 2011

Family

It was a nice surprise. The phone rang. It was my cousin Trudy, the cousin whose golden wedding anniversary we went down to Stoke for.

I've been thinking of her a bit lately. She's a reader of this blog. She's a foodie, like me. The only thing is she can't abide fish or poultry. I seem to have written a lot about fish of late so I've been wondering how she'd been enjoying the blog.

It seems she's not been reading of late. Her eyesight has been playing up with the result she's been having difficulty reading the computer screen. She's now relieved to discover the problem is the result of cataracts & is now eagerly awaiting their removal.

It's strange. So many years I only really knew many of my cousins by name. It is only since my immediate family, my brother & father, died that I've got to know some of them. I'm even more amazed to find how much I like them, nay love them. They've become every bit as supportive as those I've lost. Family can been such a firm foundation through life, with its ups & downs. I am very grateful.

No comments: