Thursday 14 July 2011

Preparations

Big Ears (the slow cooker) came out last night once more. The Fox has been busy overnight preparing a sausage pot for our delectation this evening.With this in mind, especially since I've been going through a phase of bad nights & next week I start my fortnight of having to take medication during the night which will mean yet more disturbed nights, I took a sleeping pill last night. I still had to get up at one point to the most tempting aromas. Unfortunately this morning the kitchen remains full of such smells. I've got a bad outbreak of rumbly tum. I'm keeping the kitchen door firmly closed to make life more tolerable.
 
We're off out this afternoon. We'll be going over to the Pub with PD later on, but first we have a few chores to do. The first is to collect my big bag of medication. Then it's off to the jewellers. 

It's not often we go to the jewellers but today is one such occasion. The Fox is due for his MRI scan for his hearing tomorrow. The accompanying letter would indicate he must not wear any metal. Although he's managed to sort out appropriate clothing - he may just have to take trainers off because of metal eyelets - we suspect he must remove his wedding ring too. After nearly 36 years of marriage this ring is now firmly stuck. A few years ago now, I had my rings cut off & expanded. They did a brilliant job. You wouldn't know anything had been done looking at the rings now. The Fox prefers the idea of going back to that shop than letting the hospital do the job. I suspect it would be a wise move even if it wasn't absolutely necessary. The ring is certainly very tight. I wonder if it isn't so tight it might be affecting circulation in that finger & I hate to think what the skin under the ring is like after so many years without ventilation. So it's to the jewellers today.
 
I don't expect I will blog tomorrow. The appointment is for 9am. According to the letter the scan is supposed to take an hour and a half. I expect longer. I doubt we will be home until the afternoon, by which time we will both be ready for a lie down. That will be it for the day.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

Here's hoping the scan goes well and that (as a result) they're able to alleviate some of the problem.