Thursday 28 July 2011

Minced Collops

I've got the dinner plopping away. It's minced collops this time. I've not done this recipe for many a long year. It was a favourite when we were first married but I'm anxious that now our palettes grown too sophistaicated for its simple pleasures. I suppose I ought to start by telling you what Minced Collops is. Essentially it's an old-fashioned minced beef & onion mix. What distinguishes it is that it is super-smooth.

We're off to the Farmers' Market today. I'm mainly looking for some pork.

I have one organised meal in hand, unable to be made until I've got the pork. After that I will have to do a big shop to get all those extras that will be needed to make up meals. So, until then, I'm still on freezer contents. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with the next item on the list - cheese sauce. At present I'm thinking of Finnan pie, a smoked haddock & egg pie. 

 By the time I need to start the cook I may well have changed my mind. I may decide to use up the tin of coconut milk the Fox opened for his Thai beef curry yesterday & make a prawn curry instead. We'll have to see.

No comments: