Wednesday 8 June 2011

Yet again plans go awry

We were going to have a quiet day today. All chores were done yesterday except the packing for out trip. That was planned for today. Now I hear the boiler service engineer is coming this afternoon instead of next week so everything will be disrupted.

I also planned on making a beef roly poly. (There's something comforting in even the sound of a roly poly, isn't there?) We've been having a use-up of minced beef from the freezer. I've not made a roly poly for ages, years I think, so we're really looking forward to it, especially after some rather nondescript burgers last night.

It seems strange not to be thinking of what to cook for tomorrow but tomorrow we're off to Stoke. I don't know if I'll have chance to go on-line before we go, but I'll certainly be back next week & tell you all about it.

No comments: