Saturday 18 June 2011

Headaches

It doesn't take long to feel you're home again, home with all the problems of being home. A trip to the hospital is sure to do it. We went along to the Queen Vic in Morecambe yesterday. We were surprised to be seen almost immediately & were almost as immediately out again. The Fox is to have a scan & that has to be done in Lancaster. We wait once more. The one positive thing is that it does mean the Fox gets his ears de-waxed which does help a bit. (They no longer syringe ears at our surgery, regarding it as a potentially dangerous invasive procedure.)

My equanimity was spoilt by today's post, a letter from the surgery cancelling my appointment next week with my GP & giving me one instead with a different doctor. It's not an urgent appointment. I'm deliberately trying to build up a relationship with my new GP - I will need his support when my benefits next come up for renewal - so was specifically wanting to see him. I shall have to try to get things changed, come Monday.

Meanwhile we are not the only ones having headaches. Poor Mrs Blackbird seems to be having them too. She's made her home in the hedge just behind the greenhouse. Unfortunately she doesn't seem to have worked out what glass looks like. She regularly has a splashabout in the pool that appears whenever it rains, blocking the way to the greenhouse & compost bin. Whenever I turn the corner of the laundry room to see if the pool has dried up, up flies Mrs Blackbird straight into the glass of the greenhouse. She makes an almighty whack. Now, today, I only have to stand inside, glancing out of the kitchen window her way, & she's flying into the glass of the kitchen window. Her head must be getting really sore. I beginning to wonder if she isn't a bit concussed from the number of times she's whacked into glass of late. Every time I fear she will do herself serious injury, break a bone, or even her neck. I hope she learns soon to avoid hitting glass in this way.

No comments: