Tuesday 7 June 2011

Preparations

I couldn't help thinking how London, or should I say South England, the national weather is becoming. I just caught the weather forecast after the 10 pm news on BBC1 last night to be told with great cheer that it was going to be wet. Indeed there was great rejoicing as yesterday, Monday, had been the wettest day in March, April or May this year. I couldn't help thinking he didn't come from round here. Yesterday was the first day I managed to get my washing out on the line to dry for weeks. May was daily rain. Admittedly some times it was just light showers but still it was wet. What is more it was cold & windy. I could not enthuse about the idea of more rain. And yes, he was right. It's raining again today. At least we've managed without central heating for a couple of days. I'm hoping that will be the last time we'll need heating until winter starts to return.

Meanwhile we're preparing for our trip to Stoke. It's hair day today. We're both having a cut this afternoon to smarten ourselves up a bit. 

We're still looking forward to the trip. We remain anxious as to how well the Fox will cope. Will being away from home be too stressful? We shall soon discover. At least this trip is not too far to go. It shouldn't be too physically demanding. Our days are already being organised with social events that don't need much movement, just a few wits. There's plenty of time for lie downs if we can just relax in the strange environment. We'll soon find out.

No comments: