Wednesday 29 June 2011

Ever decreasing circles

The warmth didn't last long. By midday yesterday the cardigan came on once more. A chill wind had blown up. Soon all the windows were being closed to try to keep some warmth in. Needless to say the petals have blown off the poppy.

Today we're off food shopping. By the time yesterday's lasagne was made, we both felt pretty shattered once more. I'm not entirely surprised this morning not to be able to find the meat for meatballs today. Last night we did wonder if the time hadn't come to accept eating out. We're just trying to push ourselves too far.

Most people I am sure would be thrilled at the idea of eating out. At times, I am. It's just that, on the whole, I prefer our own home cooked food. I resent eating out from a  feeling of necessity rather than desire, as this will be.

I am somewhat surprised by just how tired I seemed to have been of late. I'm convinced it's the knock-on effect of the Fox's stroke. It's not that he can't do most things just as he did before. He's just really needing to have more rest time. Nonetheless it has put on an extra strain on me. I'm trying to do that little bit more to help. I've long realised my own health ticks along reasonably okay provided I live the quiet life. It doesn't take much to knock me off that balance. That's the main reason I couldn't cope with a job these days, no matter how much I would like to. This stroke has knocked me off that balance. Just worrying is enough to cause extra tension which gets reflected in tenser muscles &, therefore, more painful knees. I don't blame the Fox for my deterioration - the stroke was beyond his control - I'm just stating the facts of the situation & I worry what the future lies ahead. 

Life seems to be a case of ever decreasing circles, whether you like it or not.

No comments: