Wednesday 19 January 2011

Life is turning busy

Things seem to have moved on since I last wrote. We're off to Cyprus when the bathroom is being done. It's all booked & paid for. Now I just have to sort out the travel insurance - regular readers will know this is not a task I relish as I am reminded of what a disintegrating old crock I am these days. I suspect there may be further complications now the Fox is having greater health problems too. In both of our cases I cannot see why there should any implications to increase our risk level, but that's our view, not the insurer's.


I went along to a meeting yesterday on the proposed cuts to Adult Social Care in this area. I found it an interesting meeting. Above all I appreciated the intellectual exercise, the stretching of the little grey cells. I think it was important that I was there as I was one of the few people attending who had had any practical experience of the reality of receiving such care. My opinions seemed to be appreciated.


I've suddenly got co-opted into looking into a consultation document on the new benefit which is being devised to replace the present Disability Living Allowance. I'm considering looking at one on hospital discharge procedures. I'm also hoping to attend a second meeting about the provision of Adult Social Care which is to be held next month. 

Life is suddenly becoming very busy. I just hope I've got the stamina to keep up with it all.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

keep up the campaigning but do be careful not to overdo it!