Monday 31 January 2011

Anxious waiting

Do excuse me if I seem a little distracted today. It's one of those days when you wait & worry. 

At the moment I'm waiting for the man to come to take the car away for its service & MOT. Hopefully it will be back in time for this evening. My wheelchair is in the boot &, without that, going out for a meal will be difficult. It will certainly painful, probably impossible. And with a service & MOT, there is always anxiety over the cost. With some cars we've had, it always seems to have been expensive, in the hundreds of pounds. This car has done better - maybe due to the good one-man garage we've found to do it - but you never know. The Fox suspects we need some new tyres. If he's right that will instantly up the cost.

The other cause of anxiety is the Fox himself. Yesterday he sank under the weight of cold. He's even having difficulty breathing as it's all gone on his chest. I'm fearing we will be pulling out of the meal tonight. If he's in the state today that he was in yesterday, we will not be going. It's not worth it if he is too distressed to taste the food or enjoy the company. A pity. We had been looking forward to a trip to Ricky's (somehow that very name gives me shades of Casablanca! I half expect to meet Bogey there!).

We'll see, but at the moment I write with one eye out of the window looking out for the car mechanic's arrival. Then I will tackle the question of whether to prepare some dinner for tonight, &, if so, what. I'm just not sure. I'm just hoping the Fox is more himself today.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

So, what's the verdict on the car ... but ... most importantly how's the Fox doing?

Just stopped by to wish the Fox a speedy recovery!