Saturday 6 November 2010

Looking sunnier

It's come as quite a shock today to get up to a gloriously blue sky. Sunshine for once. The cars down the street sparkled in their frosty coatings. The itch to go out is upon me, though I half suspect by the time we're ready to do so the sun will have disappeared. It has to be admitted the clouds are already beginning to collect. Still, at least, my morale has had a boost.

I even managed to stop to have a good look at the sunflower at the back door. It looks pretty blackened & dried out now. The Fox suggested I uprooted & binned it but I thought no. I'm glad I didn't now. The sunflower seeds in the bird feeders don't seem to have been going down much lately. I had put it down to the rain & that persistent cat. The birds don't seem to have been around as much of late. Now I know the real reason. The birds have obviously discovered this sunflower & all its seeds. I presume they must be at the peak of ripeness & tastiness. Seed casings are scattered all around. Definitely someone has been busy feeding.

I gave Jean, our friend with cancer, another ring today. She's found the chemotherapy not as bad as she feared. So far. She has had some reaction which she is assured is a sign that it is having some effect. This has given her some hope that things may improve. It certainly makes the prospects of continuing the course not so daunting. She's also arranged to have an aromatherapy massage at the local CancerCare place. Let's hope it continues to go well. It's time something got better for her & her husband.

Meanwhile we're looking forward to roast leg of salt marsh lamb for dinner tonight. It's a while since we had roast lamb. It should be a bit of a treat.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

The sun shone here too this AM and, after a somewhat late emergence from my duvet lair, had a session of apple picking and fruit tree lopping with ma belle. The clouds are now gathering but really enjoyed the bright interlude!

Enjoy the salt marsh lamb!