Monday 23 December 2019

They're okay!


Three cheers! My bloods are okay. So it will be chemo later today. It’s a relief to think of one more session down. That will be 9 of 12.

I’m now just hoping the Fox will feel up to taking me. Yesterday he was blowing badly. So far I seem cold free. I just hope I can stay that way.

We’re hoping to get a meal out this evening as is usual after a chemo session. It has been getting harder to find somewhere of late as we’ve been getting nearer Christmas & so many people are having Christmas meal get-togethers, staff does etc. While I’m having my chemo, the Fox is intending to walk to a nearby pub & see if it is possible to book a table. Failing that we will try Ricky’s, our favourite Cantonese restaurant. They will usually find us a table no matter how busy they are. Our last thought is the chippy or a local takeaway.

Christmas will soon be upon us. I was horrified to hear on the news that so many ex-Thomas Cook employees are still having difficulty getting their benefits sorted out. Christmas is a stressful enough time, as is sudden unemployment, without having no income at such an expensive time of year. What is more nothing much will be sorted out for them until next year, I suspect, as so many offices close down over the Christmas/New Year period. Let’s hope something gets sorted out for them & soon.

No comments: