Monday 9 December 2019

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas


Christmas cards keep arriving almost daily. I’m relieved to say I’m under way with writing ours. Unfortunately, in our pack of cards, I’ve found they seem to have put a lot of square shaped envelopes but I only have rectangular cards left. I’m desperately trying to see if we have any spare rectangular envelopes of the approximate size. We’re certainly going have to buy some more cards. I’m nearly out of them now & so far I’ve only tackled the cards that need posting.

The other day I was surprised to hear a knocking at the back door. Who was that? I hadn’t seen anyone passing the kitchen window. Eventually I noticed a tiny blue tit pecking at the corner of the door window. He obviously was giving me a hint it was time I put some more food out for him in this wintry weather. Or maybe he, too, wanted to wish us a merry Christmas & to give us thanks for the food we do put out regularly for him. Whichever it was, it was a delight to see his tiny face. Once he’d seen me turn towards him he instantly flew away.

No comments: