Sunday 22 December 2019

At a loss


I’m feeling slightly at a loss. The table I do my jigsaws on has been taken over by the Christmas tree. So how to spend my mornings?

As it is Sunday, much of the morning has been spent so far listening to the omnibus edition of “The Archers”. I admit to being a fan. It is partly because my mother loved the programme so much. She came from that part of England & always felt it caught something of the spirit of the area. The programme also said she was nearly home as she sailed back to England from the Far East.

A friend has asked me to write up some of our favourite recipes so I’ve put a couple in – Lemon Rice Meringue with its orange variation. It’s a while since I made a dessert but for many years these were regulars & bring back fond memories.

So now I’ve decided it’s time to get on top of my freezer list. We’ve had leftover pork from Friday’s meal & yesterday leftover lamb from our Saturday roast.

The Fox is going down with a cold – just in time for Christmas. I’m just hoping I avoid it. I’ve had one bad cold this winter. I do not want another one. I fear the worst as I’m more susceptible to getting one while I am on chemo. Last time it involved a couple of trips to hospital, two lots of antibiotics & missing a chemo session. I do so wish to get this chemo over, preferably without further interruptions. As I said in my last blog, I want to get back to the world of my own hair, to normal life, to being able to dream of holidays etc.

No comments: