Sunday 3 November 2019

Gaining pace


The shed continues. It’s gaining pace. Now my hair is coming out by the handful. I’ve turned to just using a comb in the morning. I suspect a brush would be too harsh on it.

Last night we sat having a drink & some music, followed by a little TV. As I watched I kept being distracted by silvery filaments of hair descending, despite the fact I’d put a headscarf on over my hair. Before I went to bed the Fox spent about 10 minutes just clearing off the hair from the back of my dressing gown.

I find myself waking up as hair goes up my nose or into my mouth. It seems to be everywhere – a great snowdrift.

Yesterday I tried experimenting with scarves & shawls but I’m not very satisfied with the results. A shake of my head & the scarf/shawl flies off. I’m beginning to think I’ve not got the right shape of skull.

I’m contemplating contacting one of the cancer charities to see if they’ve got any advice. Maybe a trip to Blackpool is in order this week. But first I will see how tomorrow’s chemo session goes.

No comments: