Saturday 30 November 2019

Cooking again


It’s the first day I’ve cooked in days. It’s impossible to cook when every minute I’m either coughing up or blowing my nose. My taste buds seem to have made a partial recovery with not having chemo this week, so we’re making the most of that fact with some more exciting food.

So today I write as I wait for the minced beef & pork filling cools after their initial cooking. I’m making a Smiley Pie, a meal guaranteed to put a smile on our faces. Just thinking of the goofy grin on the pastry lid is enough to cause a grin to appear on our faces. Once the filling is cooled I’ll put it in between the pastry top & bottom, ready to cook this evening. We’re both looking forward to it.
 
One smiley pie ready for the oven
I’ve already checked my bloods for the next chemo session. I will be having my session on Monday. I will mention though I will have finished the antibiotics on Monday morning &, certainly at the moment, the cold hasn’t fully gone. Hopefully if they think I need more they can prescribe some while I’m there.

No comments: