Tuesday 5 November 2019

Agony through the wall


As I had my breakfast mug of tea I could hear screams coming through the wall from next door. What was this? Should I go round & check all was well? Or is that known as interfering?

I left it for a bit, though kept on the alert.

I went off to prepare the potatoes for today’s dinner. When I came back, an ambulance was parked outside the house. Eventually our neighbour was brought out walking very stiffly, using a stick & supported by the ambulance man. Our neighbour is not usually a stick user. I know he has a history of back injury. I suspect something has happened to upset his back yet again.

His wife has gone in the ambulance with him. Once she is back, I will pop round to see if she needs any help. She doesn’t drive herself so may need help, especially as they are still caring for his 90+ year old father a few streets away & she is still recovering from a hip replacement op herself.

However, any help we can offer will probably have to wait until tomorrow as we are off to Blackpool today to see about that NHS wig later today. My hair is now coming out faster than ever. I’m working on the theory of giving a good comb through to remove any loose hair first thing in the morning & last thing at night.  Having done that I have a good pick off of hair on my clothes. In between times, during the day, I’m wearing a scarf tied turban style. At least that stops me spending all day picking up hairs. Maybe after today, the thing will be to move into the wig. We’ll see. At least I’ll know all the options.

No comments: