Saturday 23 November 2019

All of a cough & a splutter


I’ve not ventured out for the house for days. My cold has just got worse. The antibiotics I was on for the first week of the cold dried everything up but left a feeling of something very solid filling my head. They never really cleared the cold but the GP reckoned another course wouldn’t help much. Now I’m no longer on the antibiotics, it’s all starting to flow. Great globs of phlegm, yellow, green & grey are being either blown out or coughed up. There seems no end of it.

My one consolation is that I think I’m over the worst now. Last night I did manage some hours of sleep between half hour coughing & blowing fits. That’s more than I’ve done of late. I’m just hoping they’re not going to cancel my treatment on Monday. We’ll see what they say when I ring up for my blood results first thing Monday morning.

Meanwhile I had thought we would have Floddies (a sort of bacon pancake) for dinner today, using up some bacon we’d got out of the freezer a little while ago before it went off. I had a look at the bacon first thing this morning. Too late. It has gone in the bin. It had started to gain a green fur. The last thing I need is food poisoning as well.

I confess I have been putting off the meal partially because my taste buds have been so iffy. Bacon is something I’m hard pushed to get any flavour out of, not even saltiness. As for the baked beans that would accompany the Floddies, the last time I ate them they had absolutely no flavour, just an odd texture, even though we’d added some Worcestershire sauce to them.

Since I’m not really in state to cook, I’ll let the Fox decide to make for us this evening. Something quick & easy I suspect.

No comments: