Monday 18 November 2019

Another session


Another session of chemo today. It will be session number 6. In other words I’ll be halfway through the 12 week course. Tomorrow I’m off to see the Oncologist doctor to check how the treatment is going.

On the whole I’m forced to admit so far I’ve not found chemo as horrific as I feared. I seem to have had many of the side effects but at least I’ve avoided, so far & touch wood, nausea & vomiting. The tumour has clearly reduced substantially, though whether it is sufficient we have yet to see. I don’t expect that will be checked until nearer the end of the course.

I will admit I will be glad to get my own hair back. I still hate the wig.

I’m also looking forward to getting my taste buds back. I think all the fruit I’m eating at the moment is having some effect. I couldn’t believe it yesterday when I ate a segment of Terry’s chocolate orange & was almost knocked over by the sheer oranginess of it. Then, come evening, I could taste the fruitiness of the red wine & the beefiness of the steak pie. Even the chips & broccoli had flavour. I half expect to lose my taste buds again after today’s infusion of chemicals, but I had at least one day of flavour. And it was great!


No comments: