Monday 29 April 2019

To hospital once more


Once more we gear ourselves up to a trip into Lancaster & the hospital. As we’ve passed Ryeland Park we’ve seen the snowdrops give way to the crocuses, to the narcissi & daffodils &, last week, to the Spanish bluebells. I’ve never realised before that the roundabout just before the turn off for the hospital is underplanted with tulips. Going in as often as we have has made us aware of the changing plants en route.

Mentioning those Spanish bluebells reminds how our garden is becoming overwhelmed by the same plants. I would have no objection to being overwhelmed by the more delicate English bluebells but these foreign invaders are just so virulent. Their colour does bring some cheer in this early time of the year but nonetheless they can be too much & just take over very easily.

So this week we have two visits to the hospital. One is to Dermatology with the Fox. He will be relieved. He’s beginning to itch all over once more. Some patches have never healed up. Then, later in the week, I’m off to have my bone density scan. As it’s in the same building I’ll also pop in to Orthtotics to order my second pair of new knee braces. These ones may be tight to pull off - some days the Fox is finding it easier to pull me off my seat than to pull the braces off my legs! - but I am feeling more comfortable for wearing them. I suspect if I had the size larger I would just find them slipping down all the time, so less effective, especially as I seem to be slowly but surely losing weight.

No comments: