Saturday 13 April 2019

Garden update


Suddenly the garden is turning greener by the day. The trees are taking on their green mantles. The forsythia & cherries are losing their blossoms in favour of their foliage. Soon the garden will be in its summer glory.

As usual our garden is behind most others in the area. While everyone else’s camellias are losing their blooms, the first pink flowers are opening up on ours. The white daffs & narcissi are just flowering. I’m quite convinced it’s because we live in a frost pocket. We’re still having white lawns in the morning.

However, it is lovely to see the violas & violets appearing. The purple clematis is appearing on top of the trellis halfway down the garden.

Every day there’s something new to see. When we first moved here, nearly twenty years ago, I would walk every day up to see what was new, now that’s too far for me to walk so often. I try to get up there once a week & I certainly love to see those things growing nearer the house. To me that’s the important part of the garden. I don’t mind so much if the far end is a bit wild so the wildlife can enjoy it. That end is planted with plenty of greenery, plants such as the buddleia (otherwise known as the butterfly bush as it attracts so many butterflies) and other insect & bird attractants. This end is for colour & our pleasure. And we love it.

No comments: