Friday 5 April 2019

Getting there


At last we’re having a fairly normal day, doing our usual Friday activities.

I have the blinds in the study open as I expect our gardener to arrive. The sun is shining, though it’s a bitterly cold wind. While I was in hospital it snowed overnight, not here at sea level but on the surrounding Pennines & the Cumbrian fells across the water. As the week’s gone on the coating seems to have got thicker. Certainly the wind feels as though it’s just blown across icefields.

The Fox is cooking tonight. We’re having a stir-fry, using up some leftover pork, half tins of waterchestnuts & bamboo shoots. All I need to do is get out of the freezer the meat & possibly some extra veg e.g. sweetcorn, peas or broad beans. Come this evening I will be in charge of the Chinese egg noodles.

I’ve finally managed to have a shower & wash off all the sticky grey rubber circles from where the various electrodes to the monitors were attached. I wouldn’t guarantee I got them all but I’ve certainly washed off half a dozen or so.

My hand continues to play up though most of the strength has returned. I managed to push myself in my wheelchair around the supermarket which I wouldn’t have done on Sunday. Slowly but surely things are getting back to normal.

No comments: