Wednesday 10 April 2019

Back to the hospital


Monday saw me back at the hospital. This time it was for my new knee braces. As the design has changed slightly since my last ones, they’ve given me one pair to try. If they are satisfactory, I’m to ring in about a month’s time to arrange the ordering of a second pair.

I’m utterly amazed by the colour. For a while, I’ve had light brown, flesh-coloured, ones. These come a dark blue-grey, rather like a darker shade of air force blue. They look very conspicuous on my very pale legs if I wear a shorter skirt.

I’m left wondering why they chose that colour. The hospital suggested it was the new corporate colour. I can’t help thinking that’s fine if you are a man, who always wears long-longed trousers, but I generally feel I look better in a skirt, so often wear one. To my mind there’s no ethnic group on whom these would not look conspicuous. I appreciate if you are a black or brown person the old colour may look conspicuous against dark brown skin & so something darker, maybe even black, may be preferable but blue grey. Come off it, no nationality has skin that colour.

On a brighter note, the sun has been shining. The garden is coming into bloom. This morning the lawns are once more white with frost. Even so the world look full of hope for the summer to come.


Snowberries in bloom

No comments: