Monday 15 April 2019

Washing & hospital


The day is looking pretty grey though the sun does burst out from time to time. Above all it is windy. Despite the greyness suggestive of possible rain, I’ve put my washing out. Such a strong wind, even a cold one, will quickly dry things out. I did just put the airer out at first – quicker to bring everything in if it turns to rain – however, that blew over a couple of times. I tried taking a few items off to lessen the sails they made, but in the end I’ve concluded I’d best put the line up.

As I came in having done so, I noticed the post has come. There’s a letter from the hospital. I’ve got my appointment at Neurology to establish what happened to my hand & fingers the other week. My little finger is still not a hundred per cent back. There a remains a numbness just at the tip. I’m just glad my grip has returned so life can go on as normal.

Life seems to be all about medical appointments these days. The last week of March saw me at Oncology. The following week it was A&E and the Stroke Unit. Last week it was Orthotics for my new knee braces. This week I’ve got a telephone appointment with a GP concerning a Dexascan (bone density scan) & whether I should be having calcium tablets again. Next week now it will be Neurology. The week after that it will be Dermatology for the Fox. By then it will be time for me to contact Orthotics again about a second pair of braces. We’ll certainly be ready for our holiday.

No comments: