Thursday 18 October 2018

Brr, it's cold


I had been thinking today I would get back to writing about Italy. I have got at least another aspect of our holiday to write about. Instead I’m sitting here freezing, unsettled as I’m waiting for the plumber to come to sort out our boiler.

Neither the hot water nor the central heating is working today. For the first time we have condensation on the inside of the windows after a very cold night.

I’m telling myself it’s as well it’s happened today, a non-hospital day. At least we are at home to sort it out. It’s just a pity it’s happened on such a freezing cold morning. I can see me soon retreating to the lounge where I can put the gas fire on to thaw out a bit.

The sun is shining so maybe the rooms will warm up a bit but that won’t stop the water being so cold. I’m glad I decided not to have a shower today. That would have been too much.


No comments: