Monday 22 October 2018

Another week


Another week, more visits to the hospital.

It’s already having a toll on me. I seem to be permanently exhausted. The Fox keeps telling me to let him go on his own, but there’s no denying my going, with my blue badge, makes parking a lot easier.  There is very little on-road parking & the pay carpark is small as well as very expensive. My badge means we can park on the double yellow lines that go along most of the road or in the allocated disabled spots around the hospital. Failing that I could always let him go to his appointment, stay with the car, moving it around if a traffic warden approaches or if I really do seem to be obstructing another vehicle. If it gets too much I will have to abandon going in but for now I will continue to do so. It also means afterwards we can pop somewhere for a spot of lunch, usually followed by an afternoon nap.

As for the Fox, he’s been slowly going round the bend all weekend. He was warned he might feel worse before he got better. So far the treatment does seem to be drying out the sores, but equally it does seem to be making them even itchier, making sleep almost an impossibility.

Dinner today is all prepared – moussaka for a change.

I’m somewhat bemused. We had a local free magazine delivered today. In it there is wordsearch on the theme of bonfire. (I suppose in all honesty Bonfire Night & Halloween are both soon upon us.) What bemused me was the first words I found – umbrella & wellies. Whoever set the puzzle obviously has a realistic idea of the weather on Bonfire Night. I’ve rarely celebrated Bonfire Night, but I’m hard pushed to remember one that wasn’t wet & freezing. And yes, you also required the hat & scarf to be found in the puzzle.


No comments: