Friday 26 October 2018

All change?


I’m shod once more. It’s the first time I’ve got shoes with laces & a zip. They even have a multi-colour (black & grey), multi-texture (animal skin & plain leather) upper. They’re definitely different from my usual plain black flat lace ups. Altogether more stylish.

I’m half expecting our gardener today. She’s not been yet this week. Although it is sunny now, it has been a wet start to the day. I’ve not heard or seen the forecast, & certainly there are some grey clouds in the skies so she may prefer to wait until the weekend & more settled weather.

I’m not sure how much longer she is going to be working for us. She’s having various medical problems. This summer she’s been having various tests & she’s been told she’s riddled with arthritis throughout her body. They’re still doing tests but it sounds as though she needs new hips at the very least. All of which suggests to me her days as a professional gardener will be a thing of the past soon. She assures me she will continue to look after our garden. She regards our garden as an extension of her own garden as well as a haven from the pressures of her family, a place to come to get the world back into perspective. As long as she is able we will be happy for her to come.

No comments: