Wednesday 27 December 2017

Corned beef to the rescue



Thank goodness for corned beef! As you know I’ve got two yawning holes in my mouth, where fillings were. We’ve been somewhat tested as to what to cook of late. Then we remembered the tin of corned beef lurking on a shelf high up in the cupboard. The wonder is that corned beef, when hot, becomes incredibly soft. So yesterday the Fox made a Hampton Pie, a sort of shepherd’s pie with mash on top & corned beef below.  It was a joy to eat accompanied by baked beans. So soft. Easy to break up with just my tongue. A reasonably easy thing to eat, finishing off with the cherry cheesecake I’d made for Christmas dinner.

Today I’m using up the rest of the tin. I’ve made some Corned Beef Hamburgers. They’re now ready to go into the oven to cook for this evening.

Hopefully after that we can get back to trouble-free eating. I’ve managed to get an emergency appointment at the dentist for later today. Hopefully she will manage to put some temporary fillings in so eating will be less fraught & that dull ache I’ve had all weekend will dissipate. It’s been a long time to put up with the situation. I’m quite expecting one is going to need a crown, but the other should be able to be filled. It’s a lot smaller. To be able to eat on one side of the mouth would be something, and to sleep without the pressure of my face on the pillow waking me up all the time. Sheer bliss!

Then we will get onto the question of the Fox’s rash. His ears look so sore. His hands seem to be coming out all over. The problem with this is that there’s no point in putting cream on as he has to wash his hands so often in a day the cream hardly has chance to have any beneficial effect. His distress is palpable. I’m just hoping he can get an appointment before the proposed one at the end of January. I hate to think what state he will be in by then if he can’t.

No comments: