Monday 19 January 2015

Warm thoughts



The morning is bright, very bright. When I first got up the sky was suffused with pink. Needless to say the ground had a whitish tone, frost not snow, but not as heavy as it has been of late.

At the moment I’ve got a beef stew plopping away. There is something very comforting about the idea of something so warming & easy to eat for dinner in this cold.

I was intending to make some lamb pasties. Unfortunately, for all my best endeavours, my freezer list does sometimes go agley. In this particular case I couldn’t find the lamb. Have we had the lamb already & I’ve forgotten to cross it off? Unlikely as I can’t remember making anything that only required just 4oz of diced lamb shoulder. I took out all the meat in the freezer but I never found it. I can only assume it has strayed into the fish & veg section or it’s been eaten already. I couldn’t face totally emptying the freezer on such a cold evening as it was yesterday. My fingers were feeling frozen enough as it was. I’ll just keep my eyes open when I’m looking for other things & use it then. Meanwhile it’s a beef casserole.

No comments: