Monday 12 January 2015

Turkey & intentions



Well we’re not convinced about brining the turkey. The meat itself looked quite different when it came out of the liquid, as though it was par-cooked. While it roasted, I couldn’t help being distracted by the smell of cinnamon – there was a half stick in the brine. At the end of the day the turkey had a non-turkey taste, a little acidic.  All a little odd. I just hope the leftovers will be okay.

I did once try marinating a turkey in spicy yogurt mix, tandoori style, & that worked well – something I would consider doing again some time. Brining I will not be doing again!

The gales & rain keep slashing down. We’re hoping to get into Lancaster one day to get ourselves a calendar but I can’t see us doing so until the weather improves. We’re also contemplating having another go at getting a Satnav. It might be useful when we’re on holiday in France. However, this time we’re going to Halfords where the stock should be more up-to-date, & we’ll take our time to decide which one to buy.

Meanwhile I’m trying to sort out the transport & hotel part of the French holiday. We’re intending to go by rail again & have a few days in Dijon & some in Beaune. We’re hoping to come home having decided whether we prefer a self-catering or a hotel holiday. It should be an interesting experiment.

No comments: