Friday 9 January 2015

In a dither



I’m in a bit of a dither. There’s a large bit of me that’s eager to get out the Mean Machine, my electric scooter, & get off down to the fish shop. Hopefully we’re having a smoked haddock kedgeree for dinner tonight. Although the weather doesn’t seem too bad at the moment there are some strong winds forecast. I gather in Scotland there are already winds of over 100mph & it’s coming our way. The promenade, which is the route I would go, is very open to winds at the best of times. If I got caught in a wind that strong I’m not sure if the Mean Machine wouldn’t be blown over even with me on it. I’m telling myself we can easily pop down this afternoon in the car. As it is I’m a bit distracted by the sounds of the gusts & howls outside.

Instead I think I’ll have a further look for holiday ideas to celebrate our wedding anniversary on. I confess Austria is not a place I’ve seriously considered holidaying in before. I’m really quite enjoying finding out a little bit about it. Certainly the idea of a holiday partly in a city, such as Vienna, & partly in an Alpine landscape does appeal.

No comments: