Thursday 29 January 2015

Getting sorted



We’re still here. Yesterday the winds howled all day. I’m not sure when I’ve heard them worse. We went out in the afternoon. The Bay was filled not just with white horses but great rollers coming in. I suspect the ferry to the Isle of Man was cancelled. Thank goodness it seems a bit quieter today.

One relief is that all the fencing & trees are still standing. I’m sure they wouldn’t have done with the old garden. We’re now on the hunt for someone to help in the garden. Al, our old gardener, has now retired. I’m reasonably confident that, although this new garden may eventually be low maintenance, at the moment, before the shrubs etc. have bushed out, it will require more work than I can manage on my own. I know the Fox will help with the lawn-mowing but that’s about it. The weeds are already mounting up. I’ve been onto a gardener to see if she is the answer.

I’ve also tackled Social Services & hopefully my perch stool will soon be replaced.

Our holiday to France is now fully booked. I just need to sort out insurance & booking trains down to London. Now I can turn my attention to Austria instead.

Everything is suddenly coming together & getting organised & done. Even today's lamb curry is plopping away.

No comments: