Monday 3 March 2014

Paranoia setting in



I’m beginning to think there’s some sort of conspiracy against me.

At the beginning of the year I transferred my usual food shopping day from Tuesday to Wednesday. It has certain advantages. The shop seems fuller of fresh produce, especially fish. The local paper comes out on Tuesday evening so we can buy that at the same time as doing our shopping. The car park isn’t so busy. The car park at the supermarket is free, while the one across the road, at the market, you have to pay for with the inevitable result most local people park in the supermarket car park & walk across the way for the market. Tuesday & Thursday are market days & therefore the car park is fuller.

The Fox has never really adjusted to the change of day. He prefers to shop on Tuesday. It’s quieter in the shop. I’d got as far as agreeing if, when we come back from our holiday in May, he hadn’t changed his mind, we would return to Tuesday shopping.

Today, Linda, our home help, turned up. She’s a single mother (divorced), with young children. Easter school holidays are fast coming up. She wondered if it would be okay if she came Wednesday 1-3pm, rather than the Thursday 10-12 noon she normally does. I’ve agreed. I suspect, though by 3pm, we won’t be wanting to go food hunting.

So it looks as though Tuesday will be our shopping day in future whether I like it or not. I might as well just start getting used to the idea. She'll still becoming this Thursday but for how much longer I'm not sure. We'll see.




No comments: