Wednesday 12 March 2014

A quick change of mood



I was just settling down to write a cheery blog. The sun is shining yet again. The chicken mini pies are all made up ready for dinner today. The spuds are peeled.

Then the phone goes. I get a little excited. Is it the garden designer who said he would come early in the week? I’d said fine on Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon, just let us know before he comes. We’ve heard no word since, but we don’t feel we should just hang around the house in case he comes without pre-warning us, hence we popped to the village pub for an hour or so yesterday.

But no. It’s yet another double glazing company, offering to come round to check out our windows for efficiency. You know as I know, they would almost certainly have been found deficient. I rather rudely informed him, even if the windows were falling to bits, we were not buying new windows at this point in time.

You wouldn’t believe we signed on to the phone preference service for not having cold calls. Regardless of their nuisance value, it is painful for me to rush to get to the phone to answer it in time. To then find it turns out to be for nothing is aggravating especially when I’m often left in pain for hours afterwards. Grr…..

No comments: