Monday 24 March 2014

Monday morning



I’ve just finished making up some fishcakes to fry up for dinner today. I’m being extravagant. The fish I’m using is smoked salmon, just some offcuts that have been sitting around the freezer for a while.  It should make a pleasing change.

And yet another Monday morning I’ve managed to get the washing out. A few things have even dried already.

My next job is to draft out a complaint to the surgery concerning the letter I received last week. The more I think about it, the more I worry about the nervous person living on their own, possibly feeling some adverse symptoms.  That sort of letter would be really frightening. Fortunately the Fox, Linda & various friends have calmed me down a bit but it still rankles, & niggles at the back of my mind.

I’m particularly anxious in that I’m thinking it’s time I tried that dreaded task, finding holiday insurance for our trip to Croatia. One thing insurance companies are reluctant to even countenance covering you for is if you are undertaking medical investigation. Do these enquiries constitute investigation? I thought it would be bad enough with the Fox currently having physiotherapy treatment at the hospital for his hip, but an uncertainty like this will really put the price up.

No comments: