Monday 19 March 2012

Spring?

The sun is shining once more. The washing is on the line. From the weather forecast it sounds as though we should have a spell of fine weather. I hope so. I keep hoping the cold is behind us, but so far it's not gone very far. The trees are budding up. Cherry blossoms are appearing. Crocuses & daffodils abound. And yet it still freezes at night. Maybe if we can have a sustained spell of milder days the land might finally begin to warm up, but at present there's little sign of that.

I wonder if Al, the gardener, will turn up. The grass is decidedly squidgy under foot. Angie, the cleaner, is sure to arrive later on. What else we do today is uncertain. 

For dinner today I'm intending to get a few sausages out of the freezer to finish off some Cumberland sauce I made last week. I must have a go at trying to decide what to do with the next item on the freezer list for tomorrow's dinner - that's some diced leg of lamb. A curry perhaps? Or a casserole of some description. I've got all day to decide.

No comments: