Tuesday 6 March 2012

A bit of sunshine

Yesterday the sun shone. I got my washing out for the first time this year. What is more, most of it dried. Even PD commented this morning when he rang on how much brighter he felt today, he suspects primarily because of the sunshine. There's no doubt about it spirits soar & aches dissolve with a little warmth & blue skies.

 In the garden there is a fabulous stand of deep purple crocuses. I love strong colours & it's difficult to think of any colour stronger, especially when it is emphasised by the saffron gold stamens protruding from the open floral cups.

Yesterday we had Angie for a couple of hours rather than her usual one. It gave her chance to tidy up one of our cupboards, & also to stop & have a mug of tea. She seems to work so hard - she's a real whirlwind round our house - and yet so many of her clients seem so unappreciative of her efforts. I like to try to make her  know how much we do. It's certainly taken a weight off the Fox's shoulders. He knows I'm safe when she's here. Talking to her often puts my world a bit more in perspective when I'm on a downer. And there's also the practical advantage of less work the Fox has to do - a big consideration these days. Post stroke, he still tires very easily. And we both appreciate a clean home.

No comments: