Monday 12 March 2012

Breakfast continued

We're once more having breakfast for dinner tonight. We have a couple of Italian sausages left over from the Fox's experimental cook last week. I'm curious how they taste as plain sausages. Certainly in the ragout they tasted more like minced pork than sausagemeat. I've also got a bit of bacon & some mushrooms left over from the beef bourguignon I made last week. I thought I would have a rummage in the freezer to see what other extras I could find. I know there's a couple of slices of black pudding. I'll maybe take out some extra bacon or English sausages. Of course I will also add an egg each & some baked beans.

As you may have guessed from yesterday's blog, I'm not a great one for breakfast. It's not that I don't enjoy a traditional British breakfast. It's more of a case I can't face it every day so early in the day. I love it in the evening with a few chips. 

We don't have it very often. I have a vague sense of it being sinful in these days when we have to worry about cholesterol & blood pressures - hence the fact it will mainly be grilled rather than fried - but it is, nonetheless, a welcome treat occasionally.

No comments: