Monday 14 June 2010

Parochial frustrations

I'm feeling a few frustrations this morning.

The Parish Magazine arrived last night, two copies. Since John, our last vicar retired last summer, my delivery of the magazine has been erratic to say the least. I have it delivered as sometimes I can't get to church myself for weeks at a time.

For me the magazine used to enable me to read the same sections of the Bible on Sunday as my fellow parishioners heard at church as so feel part of the same church family & their worship. It also enabled me to keep up with what was happening in the church, any coffee mornings etc.

These days the readings are no longer in the magazine so frustrating the first point.

And now I get two magazines at a time, in this instance May & June issues. But by now May events have come & gone as well as quite a few of June's. I feel I'm just reading about old news.

Lately my church went on line. I have tried going there in the absence of the magazine arriving. I looked just last week after hearing a new priest had been appointed & was moving into the vicarage. But the site hadn't been updated. That still was dealing with news & events in April!

Roll on the new vicar, maybe things will improve then.

No comments: