Thursday 3 June 2010

Busy morning

It's been a busy morning.

It started by getting some plants in the ground. When we were shopping yesterday, I saw some sweet pea plants. As ours were more like brown paper due to the lack of rain during our holiday, I bought some more. They are now in tubs near the back door.

Having been inspired that much, we popped into Homebase, which is more or less next door to Morrisons. This time we bought some antirrhinums. They are now in the pots weighing down the bird table. I chose snapdragons partly because they were another favourite of my mother's and partly because they grew wild around Provence. I've never seen them wild before. Each time I look out to see the birds, I'll be reminded of a wonderful holiday.

Then I turned my attention to dinner. Potatoes are peeled and I also made a salsa ready to go with some grilled chicken this evening. I just need to add some avocado & that should be delicious.

Finally I settled down to this. I've already had two interruptions. The first was a much needed delivery of wine, the other an awaited phone call. Next we're expecting a visit from someone from the Office of National Statistics. Heavens knows what they want.

No comments: