Tuesday 19 January 2010

We're off

I'm up early this morning. It's still dark, not helped by the greyness of the day. But I'm excited. We're off to Liverpool later today for our brief break & to see the Mark Rothko exhibition. Now I'm just hoping it isn't going to snow. We're half-wondering whether we should pack extra clothing, a couple of blankets & a shovel just in case. It seems a little over the top since most of the journey will be on the motorway.

Nor have we decided whether to take the laptop. It really could do with a visit to the shop for a repair. (I'd moisturised my hands. The laptop slipped straight through my hands with a resounding thump on the floor.) We don't even know if there is wifi facilities at the hotel so assume there will be silence for a day or two while we're off enjoying ourselves.

Last night I had a panic as I suddenly realised that next Monday is the last Monday of the month & I'd done nothing about arranging a meal for us all. I had a quick phone round. Now we're all set for a meal at the pub we had our Xmas Day lunch. Everybody seems keen to go so hopefully it will be good.

But first, it's Liverpool here we come.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

Hope you have / had a relaxing break!

Rothko's paintings have a knack of gently ensnaring one, coaxing out your total attention/immersion