Saturday 16 January 2010

Looking forward

The Fox is having another go at making soup today. His last effort was so successful he's keen to have another try. This time it's going to be a spicy soup with spring onion, mushroom & Chinese leaves. Meanwhile I'll cook some chicken breasts in some left over condensed chicken & wine soup. I'm still using up from the freezer. I've still got a little filo left but that can wait until Monday. You can have too much filo.

I'm counting the days to our trip to Liverpool. I know this little break will probably be exhausting. Quite apart from the travelling I expect the Rothko to be emotionally draining. I may be mistaken. But sometimes such draining is ultimately rewarding & refreshing. And I certainly feel the need for refreshing.

Last year took its toll on our energies. Italy didn't do much to recharge our batteries. Hopefully France in the spring will do. Meanwhile a trip to Liverpool may just give us that extra boost to keep us going.

No comments: