Friday 22 January 2010

A dry return

One thing about being away is that you really appreciate your tea when you get home. So it is, as usual, one first thoughts on getting home were to put the kettle on, followed by a quick trip to the loo. Imagine my horror then when no water came from the tap. Just before we'd turned into our side road we'd been stopped by some temporary traffic lights & a man turning what I now realised was the stop tap in the street off.

I thought I'd best get the unpacking done, then I'd settled in my mind we were off to somewhere with a loo & something to drink, despite the facts of our tiredness & wish just to be home. I had one last turn of the tap before putting my coat & shoes back on, when lo and behold water came forth.

Three cheers. I hastily filled the kettle & a couple of saucepans, went off to the loo while the kettle came to the boil. Oh the wonder of that cup of tea! We spent the rest of the late afternoon/evening making copious pots of tea. The sheer luxury of having good tea, made just how we like it, in ample quantities!

It's great to be home!

No comments: