Wednesday 1 July 2009

Progress

I'd just booted up & got here to start on my blog when Al, the gardener arrived. I'm surprised to see him. Last night we had a couple of terrific thunderstorms. There is once again a lake to the greenhouse. The bog garden is once more under water & very squelchy. But at least it means the new fencing can go into place. The Fox is out there, in his wellies, essential as it's necessary to stand in the bog garden to put the panels in place.

I'm now a step nearer to re-planting the bog garden - hopefully my big gardening project for the year. It just goes to show, though, that even in this hot, dry summer, we still have excess water problems in this garden. I definitely think we need plants that are happy to spend most of their time with their feet in water, maybe with just a few days in moist soil.

I'm also surprised to say it's stickier than ever today despite the nocturnal storms. I do hope MK, our friend with Motor Neurone Disease, is coping. We'll find out this afternoon when we go to see him & his wife.

For that matter I'm also anxious about our friend with ME whose body temperature gauge has gone berserk since this illness beset him.

As for myself I did the ironing first thing. I'm leaving the cooking. We'll stop at a carvery on the way home for a meal. The thought of working at a hot cooker in this heat is a bit much for me.

I

No comments: