Friday 1 May 2009

Problems all round

I'm having a go at cooking today. Just a simple cheese pasta medley, a regular dish. It's taken just about all morning to prepare. But I've done it. It will just need to warm up in the oven this evening.

My hand is still sore but it is a lot easier than it was. No point asking me to open tight screw top bottles & jars. I just haven't got the grip. We stopped at a cafe after our hospital visit seeing MK (I don't know why but hospitals always dry you out!). The Coke came in a bottle. I suspect I'd have still been sat there now if the Fox hadn't opened the bottle! All the other bruises seem to be going a sickly yellow now.

Clearly we're not the only ones having difficulties at the moment. Our neighbour, Michelle, the one who recently lost her husband, has been rushed into hospital. No one's quite sure why.

But at least MK has had some good news. Next week there's going to be a conference about getting him home. The hospital has come to the conclusion there's not much more they can do for him, than could be done at home. Both MK & Helen are pleased, provided appropriate extra help can be given to Helen. If that happens, maybe this hospital trip has had some value. It's let Helen have a chance to catch up on her sleep &, at the same time, made the authorities realise just how much help MK needs these days. I hope it goes well for them.

No comments: