Friday 29 May 2009

Finished

I'm forced to admit this blog is essentially an echo of the Fox's latest blog entry. The blinds were installed yesterday. The kitchen is complete. I dare say we might find the odd decorative item to add, but it is essentially complete. We celebrated first with an afternoon zizz of a couple of hours. Bleary eyed, we got up & contemplated dinner. I, for one, wasn't sure I was up to supervising, let alone cooking, a meal. Instead we decide the Fox should pop to the local chippy & get some fish & chips. The spicy pork stir fry can wait another day. After eating, I get change. By now I'm sufficiently revived with the food to think I can keep going a bit, so we watch an hour of tv before opening the bottle of champagne to celebrate. Even that doesn't jog us out of a fairly subdued mood. We're both relieved &, on the whole, pleased with the results but we're just too drained, too pain-filled in my case, too exhausted to really celebrate. Finally I go to bed after seeing the news & sleep soundly for a further 8 hours.

It's been a long haul since we first decided to turn our attention to the kitchen. One workman after another has been interrupting our usually peaceful lives. The next big job will be the bathroom, then all the big jobs that make it our house rather than the previous owners will be done. After that it will only be the usual maintenance jobs, redecorating etc. But that can wait till next year. First we need to recover from the kitchen & all that that's involved. Maybe have a holiday......

No comments: