Wednesday 27 May 2009

Not so bad

The meal went well. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. The conversation flowed well. All contributed. From time to time laughter erupted. I was duly thanked for arranging it, ie one afternoon we popped into the pub for a drink & booked a table. Not long after we were home, the phone rang. Mrs B. She just had to ring to say how much she'd enjoyed herself. With this is mind, I'm turning my thoughts as to where we should go next time with a happier heart.

Meanwhile I've been busy making some crab cakes for dinner tonight. I still remember with delight, the numerous dressed crab meals I had one family holiday, some forty years ago, when we stayed near Cromer, Norfolk. I'm cheating, using tinned crab. I do find it a faff getting all the delicious meat out the shell, especially the claws of crab. I could buy them ready dressed from our local fishmonger but on the whole I'm quite happy buying the tins.

Today the rain has really returned. And I suspect we'll have to do the shopping. We're getting low on milk once more.

Tomorrow's going to busy. The Farmer's Market in the morning - I'm hoping to get a leg of salt marsh lamb to roast on Saturday. Then, in the afternoon, we've got the man coming to put up the new blinds in the kitchen. So champers should be flowing in the evening.

No comments: