Sunday 24 May 2009

7.30 am & it's all go

It seems to be the day for early risers. Maybe it has something to do with the sun shining.

Having had my wash, at 7.30am, I venture out. I forgot to water Basil Bush into his new home yesterday. To be honest it looked so grey & overcast, I thought he would be naturally watered in, but no rain arrived.

As I got out there I was struck by a wet patch near our new neighbours' car - they only moved in last week. They'd clearly already got an early start on the job of washing the car.

I then turned the corner to find Michelle (the neighbour who lost her husband earlier this year) chatting to Cheryl (the new neighbour), both dressed in pink dressing gowns. Cheryl's partner, Mark, was still busy rinsing off the car.

THIS IS 7.30 am I thought! A time when all sensible people should be fast asleep, not thinking about mowing lawns (in Michelle's case), washing cars or for that matter watering in herbs.

We're not the only ones. In the back garden the starlings are busy prodding every cranny in our crazy paving. The collared doves are cooing away. Clouds of midges are under the trees ready for the recently returned martins. The cries of the gulls waft in from the Bay.

It's all go for a quiet Sunday morning.

No comments: