Wednesday 20 May 2009

Shopping thoughts

Our visit to see MK & Helen was a pleasure as usual. MK seems so much happier for being home. Even Helen seems to find looking after MK at home - especially with the untroubled night sleep she can now have with someone to watch over MK while she has it - better than the twice daily traipse to a very depressing ward at the hospital.

As usual all manner of things were talked about, especially the doings of our mutual friends.

These days Helen has taken to doing most of her shopping on-line. In particular she's relieved to do the food shopping this way & have it delivered to the kitchen. So far she has had no problems. As we came home & thought about the fact that today we will have to go to the shops ourselves for the inevitable food, we couldn't help thinking that maybe we ought to have a go at shopping this way. It would certainly save the queues, the hunt for a parking place, the overcrammed aisles etc.

My resistance lies partially in the fact that it is impossible to judge the quality of fresh foods on-line. But then most meat & fish I buy elsewhere. As for fruit & veg, Helen has found they seem to choose the best produce, & anyhow anything dubious can be sent back.

I suppose my other reservation is the result of the fact I do most of my shopping at Morrisons &, as far as I know, they don't do an on-line service. But then would it be so awful to shop at Tesco, Asda or Sainsburys, all of which have local shops? It's not as though I would have to tackle getting around the actual shops.

I'm tempted to have a go but not today. I'm not sure how much notice we need to give & we will need some milk before the day is out. Besides this afternoon we'll certainly have to go out. It's Little B's birthday so we're off for a bit of celebration at the Pub.

But another time?

No comments: