Monday 25 May 2009

What rain?

I somewhat nervously put out the washing line. I've not entirely recovered from my fall last month when I last put out the line. My left hand still hurts when moved in some directions or when I use my manual wheelchair for any length of time. I'm sure it's only bruised, just taking its time to fully recover.

The "Today" programme on Radio 4 this morning ended by wishing us an enjoyable Spring Bank Holiday despite the rain. What rain? Certainly here it looks set to be the warmest day of the year so far. The skies are pure azure. The blackbirds are singing for the joy of it all, the sparrows cheeping. I'm even going have to put some water in the birdbath, it's dried out so much. I've flung open all the windows, again for the first time this year.
I might even get as far as taking my jumpers off!! Shock, horror, that doesn't happen often. We're hoping to dine outside this evening. I'm telling myself not to get my hopes up too much. Maybe that rain the programme was on about is going to make its way up north by then, but there's no sign yet. In fact, at the moment, it's looking like the first summer day of the year.

No comments: